"Mamaaa!!! There's a crack in this egg! I think a chickie is hatching out!" saith my Tornado.
Not only are these twine eggs a cute, easy craft, but bonus points added for being realistic to a toddler.
How to Make Twine Easter Eggs
1. Start with your standard plastic egg.
2. Unravel a fairly long length of twine. Start gluing on the twine, beginning in the middle of the egg.
Be VERY careful with the hot glue!
3. Keep wrapping and gluing until you get to the end of the egg.
4. At the end of the egg, snip off your twine. Glue the last little bit in as tightly as you can.
5. Rinse and repeat on the other side until the egg is completely covered. You could also start at one end and work your way to the other end, but I found it easier to begin in the middle.
Sorry, sweetheart, but ain't no chickie gonna be hatching out of that. :)